April 14 2013, a group of Balanced Team members met at the offices of Neo, NYC for a social gathering and mini-unconference on topics of interest: Agile+UX+Lean Startup. We enjoyed bagels and coffee and collected topics of interest which we then discussed in fishbowl conversation format. Below, please find a photo and a list of topics provided by the group.
Please write a topic (or two) of interest for today
- Embedding marketing
- Unicorns – what are they – do you need ’em?
- Product owner teams – report from the field
- Live style guides first movement
- Timing of design thinking vs. lean
- Making vs. thinking: pace & vanity progress
- If our currency is shared understanding, let’s talk about quality & values
- Lane’s “learn to code” trip report
- Product manager vs project manager?
- Product manager/owner think they are the customer (no research)
- Care & feeding of the engine of construction
- How to effectively bring designers into Agile/Lean development?
- Convincing management to build NEW products that solve a problem (aka not Facebook for pets)
- Josh, Giff, Jeff should buy a makerbot
- Convincing management that user research is good when they are scared you won’t come off as experts (B2B)
- How do we assess what is the “minimum desirable things” that will convince users and/or sponsors?
You can see a set of photos from the event on Meetup.